Friday 21 November 2014

The Funeral

I was lying ,cuddled up in bed. It was warm. Then I heard a noise. My mum was calling me. "What now?" I thought, rolling my eyes. But I got up anyway.



When I got out to the lounge I could tell mum had been crying. Her eyes were red. "Great Grandma Betty has died" She said her voice quiet. I felt tears coming to my eyes. I also felt as if all the happiness had been sucked from the world .


I slowly plodded back to my bedroom like an slow elephant. Just think a few minutes ago I was thinking that the world couldn't be better.


When I got back to my bedroom I found it impossible to get to sleep but eventually I woke up in the morning to a loud "Crash!" feeling refreshed. What's that noise? I asked myself. The answer was this... We were going up to Dargaville for the funeral. BORING! It was a 3 hour drive to Dargaville!


2 hours later. "Mum we've eaten all the food and me and Rory are hungry!" I complained . "So you mean you have eaten the candy in the back?" she replied. "No!" I said stunned. "Then eat that," she said.


An hour later we arrived in Dargaville. We drove to a motel where we would be staying. That night my cousin stayed at the motel for hours.


The next day my family and I went to the florists to choose some flowers ,but mum just couldn't decide. In the end we chose some roses.


The funeral was fun... for about 5 minutes! People just said things. I didn't even understand half of what they said! I kept fiddling with a greenstone necklace Great Grandma Betty had left down to me . About halfway through the funeral I escaped outside.


After the funeral we went to bury her. Me and Rory put our roses  onto the coffin . Then I was asked  to hold a basket of flower petals and people came up one by one and took some flowers and threw them over the coffin. Once that was finished she was buried above her husband.

Once we buried her we went to a place that has something to do with the army . My Great Grandpa had been a soldier. After playing there for about an hour we went back to the motel.

2 comments:

  1. The beginning of your writing certainly grabbed my interest!
    Excellent paragraphing!

    I am sorry to hear about your Great Grandma Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I done a epic job

    ReplyDelete