Wednesday 28 May 2014

Animal Families Poems

Excerpts from our poems.

My mum is like a cat because she cuddles me and purrs when she is happy.
My mum is like a dolphin because she loves swimming in the sparkly ocean.
My mum is like a seahorse because she likes hot water.
My mum is like a lizard because she whizzes around the house and scares my brother.
My mum is like a dog because she is always protecting me and very cuddly. 
My mum is like a peacock because she has rainbow dresses. 

My dad is like a lion because he throws me in the bed and tries to eat me.
My dad is like an ostrich because he is hairy.
My dad is like a gorilla because he's strong and always energised.
My dad is like a seagull because he squawks at me.  

My sister is like a sloth because she hangs upside down.
My sister is like a kiwi because she's always in the garden.
My sister is like a monkey because she's  a meany and always so jumpy.
My sister is like an angry lion because she's angry sometimes and she roars as well.
 
My brother is like a tiger because his teeth are sharp.   
My brother is like a parrot because he talks all day. 
My brother is like a chimpanzee because he is clever and cool.
My brother is like a serval cat because he is always hypo and hungry.
My brother is like an elephant because he is big.



My cousin is like a horse because when he walks his feet go clop, clop.
My cousin is like a python because he is long and skinny.
My cousin is like a meerkat because he protects me wherever I go.
My younger cousin is like a golden tamarin because she is cute and is always in a joyful mood. 

My uncle is like a fantail because he's funny and he squeaks a lot. 
My papa is like a wolf because he always growls at me. 
My friend is like a snake because he hisses every day.

I am like a spider because I look scary in my costume and I scare people.
I am like a wolf because I like to sneak outside with no one seeing me.
I am like a cheetah because I run faster than my brother and my sister.
I am like a puppy because I am friendly and I like to roll around in the grass.
I am like a peacock because I run around crazily and I like colourful things. 
I am like a tiger because I am fast and I like eating meat.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. i like how my daughter said that i am a cuddly mum.

    ReplyDelete